1. How long have you worked at Crowley’s? 25 years.
2. How did you first start working here? A friend of mine worked at Crowley's. He spoke to me about an opening and I applied for the job.
3. Which departments have you worked in? The Yard, Administration and Fiberglass departments.
4. What is your favorite time of year at Crowley’s? Spring. Springtime is when we go crazy, but it managing the craziness keeps me busy which I like.
5. How often do you go boating? Not as much as I'd like.
6. What kind of boat? It varies; mostly if I am out on a boat, we are out fishing.
7. Did you grow up boating? No, I learned to enjoy boating later in life.
8. What is your favorite boating activity? Fishing.
9. How many employees work in your department? Seven.
10. Do they have job specific training? If so, how often do they go? The Fiberglass Department technicians have a wide range of training available which is provided by the manufacturers of the products that we use. Depending on what training is scheduled for the year, our guys typically go a few times per year.
11. What job specific training do you have? I've been to West System Epoxy, Awlgrip Paint, composite fabrication and management training.
12. What certifications do you have? I have 2 West System Epoxy certifications, an Awlgrip system application certification and a composite fabricators certification. In addition, all of these lead to a ABBRA (American Boat Builders and Repairers Association) certification.
13. What is your number one recommendation to boat owners? Pay attention to your boat: It will let you know when it has a problem.
14. In your area of experience, what can a boat owner do to maintain their boat? Keep it clean, wax it, resolve leaks quickly and don't ignore warning signs of a problem like surface cracks.
15. What is the one boat owner complaint that you hear most often? My hullsides look terrible. What can be done?
16. What is your number one money saving tip for boat owners? Preventative maintenance.
17. What is the toughest part of your job? Managing the expectations of the boat owner.
18. When are you most likely to be found in the harbor? In the summer.
19. What is your favorite winter activity? Building a snowman with my grandson.
20. What is the best way to get a hold of you to ask a question? My office number: 773-364-1302
As always, give us a call if you have any questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org